Free/Affordable ACT Prep Courses
Many schools and organizations offer FREE ACT Prep courses so be sure to check with your school guidance counselor to find out about free courses.
In the Birmingham Area:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Offers ACT prep to juniors and covers the cost of the ACT. Meets two Saturdays prior to ACT.
Requirements: 2.0 GPA, letter of recommendation from teacher/pastor and someone in the Fraternity.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Offers 2 full day ACT prep courses. No signup required.
- Sixth Avenue Baptist Church
1101 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Contact: Mr. Levi Satisfield or Rosevelt Morris
(205) 251-5173 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UAB-The REACH Initiative
4 Saturdays, taught by UAB students for students in Birmingham
In the Tuscaloosa area:
- Leslie Raby and Janice Filer offer a $40 course for students.
Dates: August 25/26, 2013
September 8/9, 203
September 15/16, 2013
All sessions are held Sunday 4-7 pm and Monday 5-7 pm
Cornerstone Full Gospel Baptist Church
610 Brooksdale Drive
On your own:
- March 2 Success – sponsored by the U.S. military https://march2success.com/
7 free ACT practice tests and flashcards
- Jefferson County Library cardholders can gain access to www.learningexpresslibrary.com for
- online ACT and SAT test prep. Many school and local libraries also offer ACT prep guides and books.
- Kaplan free online tests: http://www.kaptest.com/College/Getting-into-College/free-practice-tests-workshops.html
- Peterson’s free online ACT tests and tips: www.petersons.com/testprep
- Improve your vocabulary! http://www.vocabulary.com
*Your school may offer free ACT prep classes too.