My Blueprints Portfolio:
High School Timeline for Success
Preparing step-by-step for life after high school: Use this timeline to help you make sure you’re accomplishing everything you need to, when you need to.
- As soon as you can, meet with your counselor to begin talking about colleges and careers.
- Make sure you are enrolled in the appropriate college-preparatory or tech-prep courses.
- Get off to a good start with your grades. The grades you earn in 9th grade will be included in your final high school GPA and class rank. College might seem like a long was off now, but grades really do count toward college admission and scholarships.
- Explore your interests and possible careers. Take advantage of Career Day opportunities.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities (both school and non-school sponsored).
- Talk you your parents about planning for college expenses. Continue or begin a savings plan for college.
- Look at the college information available in your counselor’s office and school and public libraries. Use the Internet to explore college websites.
- Tour a nearby college, if possible. Visit relatives or friends who live near a college campus. Check out the dorms, go to the library or student center, and get a feel for college life.
- Investigate summer enrichment programs.